What is VLC (Visible Light Communication)?
01 Optical communication in the visible light range, cheaper and safer than lasers, etc.
02 Easy to install due to visible light. Widely used and ubiquitous.
03 Unlike radio waves, it is highly confidential (communication cannot take place behind walls or objects).
Achievements and Prospects
Expected to be used as a realistic visible light communication system
Especially where the wireless channel is congested (congestion in stadiums, etc.)
The communication of the medium and long distance where the radio cannot reach (communication between buildings)
Places where radio waves cannot be used (tunnel construction, factory plants)
Places where construction costs for laying cables are high (remote villages, stadium relays)
Emergency communication means in times of disaster, etc.
Development of compact VLC "VLC-BOX
- Under development for commercialization by the end of 2018.
- It is designed for indoor use and can be mounted on a wall or ceiling.
- Capable of 100Mbps communication at a distance of 100m (communication speed depends on distance and environment)
- Dimensions: width x height x depth: 160 mm x 110 mm x 205.5 mm
- Weighs about 2kg, power consumption is 7W
Enhanced security measures
Can be installed in places where radio waves cannot be used, such as medical facilities and factories
Inquiry by phone
(except Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and other company holidays)
Inquiry by e-mail